It is used for paintings, elegant Buddhist altars, and Kintsugi (golden joinery).
Gold/silver metal leaf is pulverized into fine powder by kneading it into small pieces with melted glue, and these pieces are called "Kinkeshi / Ginkeshi" (Metal powder) or "Kindei / Gindei " (Metal paint).
After kneading, wash out the animal glue by rinsing with a large amount of water, and then dried to become a fine, smooth, and flexible powder like flour.
How to use the Gold Powder with Animal Glue:
1. Put the gold powder in a ceramic plate.
2. Add a little bit of animal glue and knead it well.
※During the process, heat the plate on an electric stove and rub it against the plate until your fingers are slightly colored by the burned pigment.
※This is called "Yaki-tsuke". Repeat step two or three times to enhance the color.
※This step is optional.
3. Once the glue and powder are well mixed, add the same amount of water.
※To dilute it further, thinning it by adding equal amounts of glue and water.
4. Scoop it out of the plate with a Kinder Brush or a Menso-fude (fine brush).
5. After use, add boiling water and stir well to separate the glue from the powder, once the powder has deposited, remove the supernatant.
6. It can be reused up to 3 ~5 times by repeating the steps above.
※Acrylic medium is not reusable
【Art Material】 - Pure Gold Powder Shogomo 0.4g- This is fine powder made from grains of the pure gold leaf (cut and reapplied). This is used for paintings, high quality Buddhist items, and repairing using gold. Mixed with Ox glue to paint. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++ - 純金消 正五毛 0.4ｇ - 純金箔(切廻し)からつくる粒子の細かい粉です。絵画や高級仏具、金継などにも使用されます。 入数0.4g Brand: 中塚金属箔粉工業